Popular Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2017

New Year 2017!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope everyone has had a real good start to the new year! 

I personally was sick as a dog over the last few months. Seems getting old and catching a cold does not mix!! 


Opening this up today, to get back at it, I realized I have been doing this for a couple of years now, WOW! Never thought I would be writing this much. Really just started this to help put out information people were asking me about and it seems to have grown from there. 


The great part for me is I have had to research more, learn more and figure out how to pass on information I have in my head but does not come out right some times. I guess everyone does not speak Caveman!!

Hopefully this blog has helped you think about and take some action to plan ahead for your family. There are thousands of people writing, creating websites and posting Youtube videos about survival if the zombies attack or you find yourself naked in the jungles of the Antarctic. (let's see who figures that one out) I am not trying to compete with those folks.

Over the life of this blog we have talked about lots of things which have to do with situations most of us will face at one point in our lives.

Forest Fires
Tornados
Floods
Sever storms
Ok maybe the last picture does not look like a big deal to you. I live in Southern California! I rather deal with zombies ripping at my front door than all of that snow!!!!

Here on this blog the idea is to think about these situations a little different than what others put out there. Planning for just one situation is not a good use of resources, resources most of us are limited on. The more things you can prepare for the better off the family and you will be. All of us should strive to do more with less, money can not solve all problems, principles and concepts are more important than people realize.

With this in mind, hopefully you have read a few of the post on here (read them all! hehehe) and have taken a few steps to improve your position if something happens. Over the last two years or so we have talked about all of the foundational items and concepts someone needs to cover a wide section of emergency situations.

Word's to remember as we move into the new year and new situations across the globe. Between mother nature and man made issues odds are some of us reading this are going to have to deal with something over the next year.


Over the next year the focus is going to move slightly away from the foundational thoughts on emergency preparedness. We are going to try and move toward the next level of preparedness. No, this does not mean we are going to all go dig bomb shelters in the back yard or buy property way out in the woods to run to! If you have made enough headway to have some extra food in the house and extra money in the bank we are going to talk about how to increase the food in the cupboards and money in the bank.

None of this is easy, all of this takes time and energy when you are starting out. Over time having a plan and abilities to deal with situations takes less and less time or energy because you have covered your bases.

 Soon some of these new ways of doing things become second nature and you do not have to think about it. Which gives you more time to contemplate things like "How does the lint get in my belly button?"
We will be going down the rabbit hole more but I promise it is not as scary as it might seem. No one will be required to wear a tin foil hat or swear allegiance to the multi-armed, alein living in the clouds. It will be a good idea to read some of the post already on here or maybe refer back to them when the subject comes up again. We won't be spending a lot of time going over stuff in the same way we already have.  

 Maybe by the end of this year the picture above would not really bother you if you woke up and this was your new reality? (yeah right! I am thinking of all the things which I have not covered right now!)

If you enjoy this blog share it! If you have time drop me a note to let me know you enjoy it or have an idea for a post. Some times I send these things out into the internet and have no idea if anyone is reading them!!

As always,

Stay Safe!










No comments:

Post a Comment